Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Our World rocked by Holiday visitors

The Overnight Visitors

This past weekend - a 'CAT-ASTROPHIE" turned our feline lives upside down.  OVERNIGHT VISITORS!!!


We were minding our own business, awaiting Carol our human's return when...THREE humans returned.  The two stranger-humans LOOKED like Carol but were NOT Carol. We were told they were something called "cousins", an invention made to fool cats.  We took off and were having none of it. Just look at us in those "leopard boxes" Carol brought to placate us:  do we LOOK happy?

SLEEPING ARRANGEMENT? OH NO!


Are we enjoying ourselves? NOT!
That night was even MORE confusing.  There was a lump on Carol's bed and when approaching I was horrified to find it was NOT Carol but a "cousin."  I went to look for Carol and she was asleep in her den but on a small cot and it was hard to position myself properly.  Plus Paprika got there first & got the best spot.

FIRST I CHECKED THE LIVING ROOM



I walked out to the living room, seeking out the soft velour sofa but horrors, there was another "cousin" on it, wrapped in a blanket. this was more than any cat should have to put up with. All my secure places turned topsy turvey.





Then I tried ALL the rooms!

I ran back and forth between the den and living room, wailing softly and trying to tell them they were doing it wrong but no one would listen!  This was outrageous. My wails grew louder. Finally  Carol came out to whisper to me to be quiet and coaxed me 
Soothed to sleep...finally
into the  den where she petted me and where I uneasily settled on a "cat bed" Carol had brought for us. I have told her so many times I'm no longer into "cat beds" - did she forget?

The Next Morning



The next morning was better.  The cousins were finally upright and took up less space.  I got brave and ventured to the sofa finding a good place to display my charms.  It worked. One of the cousins took my photograph. 

At last I was in my element...in pictures! 

Departure of "the invaders"

Finally they left - but not a moment too soon.  The motto of this story is...if we put our paw down and stay, they will go! We had not really slept for hours and
conked out in the den.  Here we are, out cold.  See you in a few days!

Respectfully submitted, Peaches the Cat

15 comments:

  1. Oh dear fancy having to move your bed around for the strange people and we bet you will both be exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness they stood up in the morning and took up less space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those humans are such tricksters! I'm glad that you made it through the visit from the cousins okay. You are pawsome models. :) I can see why you love the camera - you are super cute!
    -Purrs from your friends at www.PlayfulKitty.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visitors. That sounds like a scary word. It is a good thing they only stayed for one day.

    Shadow, Stealth, and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dealing with intruders sounds exhausting ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visitors are the best. They give treats
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  7. hate to break it to you guys but you do indeed look happy in those leopard boxes!! hairballsandhissyfits.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaaaaaaaaaw Ya'll be so adorable. Glad things are back to normal. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  9. You poor kitties, intruders are awful. Glad you survived. Make sure you check your mail Friday, Santa is dropping something off early :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If they had come bearing treats, it would have been so much better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Folded paws ... bellies ... TOO MUCH CUTENESS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, cousins! My favorite kind of people. I'm glad you made your peace with visitors in the end.

    Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. You two were the stars of the visit fur sure

    ReplyDelete